Follow us on our 2012 Summer Adventure. Probably not as exciting as our trips from past years. We'll pretty much be in our own back yard, and within a day trip of home here in Massachusetts. Alex and I will be visiting the vast state of Maine. Every excursion of ours can be a great adventure, and since we've only visited a limited amount of Maine, there's so much for us to explore.

Please Enjoy Reading, as I enjoy sharing this with you. And feel free to share this with your friends!

Also, if you know of any place we should check out, leave me a comment and we'll try to fit it in.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 3 - Maine - Part 1

We packed up camp early, as the fog rolled in and out of the campground off of the harbor below. A humid hot and damp morning. I wanted to get morning fog photos of the islands in Bar Harbor but the fog was too dense to see anything.

We turned around and headed for the best restaurant in Bar Harbor, Mainely Meat. By far the BEST pulled pork I have ever had. Not smothered in a bbq sauce, it was still moist and very flavorful. It reminded me of my mother's roast pork loin, Yumm. Paired with three HUGE blue berry pancakes, needless to say I had a happy belly.

North on good ole route 1 is the direction we headed. Stopped at a place that was called Tidal Falls. Pretty area but I think because it was low tide there were no "Falls". But I did manage to get some good fog pictures here.



Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment